[Guide] Fighting guide

Find great guides by the community regarding the server here.
Burim
Helper

[Guide] Fighting guide

Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:59 pm

So since we won't be fighting using the default GTA V mechanics due to the high desync, this is a guide to fair boxing.

The boxing will take place using the /roll system. The range will be 1-11.

For the first punch, one player will do a roll with an emote.

If it's less than 4, (1,2 or 3) then it's a miss.

If it's 4-10, it's an attempted hit.

Now the other player will try to block or reverse it.

So the other player will do a roll now, and if it's higher than the attackers roll, he's successfully blocked / dodged the hit.
And then it'll be the other player's turn to initiate the punch, and it goes on.

The number of hits in order to win a game will be decided before the game starts.

So the first one to reach the number will win.

Now here's the fun part, if the attacker hits an 11, it'll be considered as a suddenly charged hook, and the other player will NOT be able to counter. He must RP taking the hit.

Similarly, when the attacker hits, and the one trying to defend hits an 11, it's called an instant counter. He can RP instantly blocking / dodging and countering the attack on him without letting the other player roll.

NOTE: Emotes will be based on the roll, so /roll before you type an emote.

Although I do understand that this is a bit more luck based than skill, but so is fighting with fists with the extreme desync. People can even force their ping high to lag on purpose, and have an advantage which I've seen happen in samp before

Credits to Flow
Last edited by Burim on Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
BigMacMark

Re: [Guide] Fighting guide

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:04 am

I'm pretty sure the Rage client is working on a fix for melee/fighting for their next update
Burim
Helper

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:39 am

BigMacMark wrote:
I'm pretty sure the Rage client is working on a fix for melee/fighting for their next update
The guide would also be something for ppl that like to RP fighting instead of fighting scriptwise :)
Toasty
Lead Administrator

Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:48 pm

Burim wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:39 am
BigMacMark wrote:
The guide would also be something for ppl that like to RP fighting instead of fighting scriptwise :)
Well thank you for the guide, Burim I'm sure this will be used for those who enjoy RP fighting instead of scriptwise like you mentioned.
Curly The Infamous

Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:55 pm

Its a great idea in the sense of fairness.
But my opinion is, this is too slow. The reason why scriptwise fighting and shooting is good in realtime is because it resembles real life much much more and anything can happen.

Once they fix their scriptwise fighting issues, I have a firm belief that GTAV servers like this will start doing a lot of scripting surrounding fighting.
Burim
Helper

Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:06 pm

Curly The Infamous wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:55 pm
Its a great idea in the sense of fairness.
But my opinion is, this is too slow. The reason why scriptwise fighting and shooting is good in realtime is because it resembles real life much much more and anything can happen.

Once they fix their scriptwise fighting issues, I have a firm belief that GTAV servers like this will start doing a lot of scripting surrounding fighting.
I used this guide when I hosted 1 tournament and one game was around 10 minutes.
CLouT.KInG

Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:46 pm

Solid idea, it can be used if people actually want to play with RNG and roleplay a bit, but I would always rather just rush the person RP a little bit, and let it take from there.

Return to “Player-created Guides”