Toasty
Lead Administrator

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:11 pm

Hype I got mines on my PS4.
Antrax

Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:40 pm

Getting it on PS4, PM me your PSN if you wish to fuck about and kill shit online
Ace

Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:53 am

ramsgater wrote:It'll be bad, and at the very least a disappointment.

Whilst none of it looks outright 'bad' (other than the blatant micromanagement that the camp system seems to be to boost 'morale' and 'companionship' levels up, which'll be a slew from what it could actually be, something interesting) is this really all they could come up with in eight years?

I adored the original, so this isn't me being some uneducated retard commenting on an ip I have no clue about, but just really? A six minute cutscene-to-cutscene 'gameplay trailer' with 10-15 second actual gameplay intervals in-between, with the same cringe female voice-over explanation of their 'diverse' and 'engaging' systems like 'no game before' that they've been doing since 2013?
You're basing it being shit over the trailer not showing you every single aspect of gameplay?
By this alone they've already improved greatly on the first one. Horse system is WAY better and more controlled. Camp based stuff is for story telling, not for your gameplay needs. You get a bonus to morale and get to learn about your gang. RD 1 didn't have much in the way of that, this will be way better. Rockstar has had the talking shit option but this looks way more in depth as you can try to control a situation with NPCs with being nice, mean, intimidating, etc. Dont just need to kill all witnesses, which felt fucking weird as Marston. Hunting looks way better and more useful.
That's just the one trailer alone that shows only a portion, and it's already leaps above what the first game was.
ramsgater

Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:56 am

I don't know about you bud but I don't feel like following the story and then all of a sudden I get some preston garvey esque notification that I must feed and gather resources for my camp otherwise the gang members will be sad and angry. Sounds like a chore to me taken by people as 'meaningful interaction with your campmates!'.

It's not that I'm not looking forward to the game coming out, it's that I'm not eagerly biting my nails counting down the days - and I don't know how you can judge horse improved mechanics over short snippets.

Also, did everyone forget about the hitman absolution style 'animal tracking' senses that a cowboy in 1899 magically has? Yikes.
TheCed

Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:35 am

Sucks being broke at this time of the year.

Return to “Other Games”