Tiered Factions

Faction topics of legal and illegal factions might be found here!
Xgin

Re: Tiered Factions

Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:13 pm

marissa wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:28 pm
I would like to know more about the specific tiers as well. Also, when it comes to FM managing the factions I assume once you hit a specific tier you would have to deal with an admin handler of sorts. Only Issue I have with that is, alot of times getting ahold of one specific person to get a request completed can be difficult if you are on opposite timezones.
Getting a hold of someone is just a discord/forum pm away. I fucked up my sleeping schedule for this so I know i'll be around lmao.
As for tiers, the higher tier you get, the more perks you get. Perks being more drugs/guns, properties, vehicles and assets useful for your faction. You may be even be offered a spot in something we're working on in the future. 👀
im a shepherd bitch and all my sheep dead
Florida

Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:24 pm

I like the concept, but I'm worried it's just going to turn into RPG styled groups that play towards OOC goals.
Mattkov

Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:41 pm

I hope you are wrong sir Florida, but sadly I myself am worried about it too.
Florida

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:14 pm

Mattkov wrote:I hope you are wrong sir Florida, but sadly I myself am worried about it too.

To expand on my post after discussing it with damaz. If the tier system is just "reach these objectives", you're obligated to award factions with tools such as gun/drug supply. You will always have players that will try to game the system. I like the idea that this system will be flexible and offer a dynamic range of rewards, but it could also allow factions that don't mesh well with the community to succeed just because they can meet some minimum checklist requirements. You can always spot the groups of OOC friends that run around like brain dead morons that can find the lowest level of role-play required so that they can play a role-play server like their personal RPG.
asset

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:13 pm

Tbh, I think this is genius. This will keep the factions rp quality and activity on top.
DagoMike

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:31 pm

Yea, I think its a good system, and I think FM will regulated it correctly in order to make sure those getting perks deserve them and not just meet a certain criteria.
Xgin

Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:21 pm

Florida wrote:
Mattkov wrote:I hope you are wrong sir Florida, but sadly I myself am worried about it too.

To expand on my post after discussing it with damaz. If the tier system is just "reach these objectives", you're obligated to award factions with tools such as gun/drug supply. You will always have players that will try to game the system. I like the idea that this system will be flexible and offer a dynamic range of rewards, but it could also allow factions that don't mesh well with the community to succeed just because they can meet some minimum checklist requirements. You can always spot the groups of OOC friends that run around like brain dead morons that can find the lowest level of role-play required so that they can play a role-play server like their personal RPG.

There really is no check list. If your faction stands out in being unique, bringing quality roleplay and represent Rage RP in how our standards are. Of course, it will be difficult in getting these. We aren't going to go through each faction and be like,

"Alright, Florida's faction has more than 10 members, active, 40 pages of well edited screenshots. Let's give him a tier."

It goes more in depth like that but I see your point on how this looks like RPGish. We promise you it won't be like that. If you get a tier, your faction is basically the dolphin in the school of tuna. You're being trusted in representing Rage. As for the ooc friends, we will make sure there is no favoritism at all. Just because you have staff, or have people that are FM in a faction, it will have zero affect on getting tiers. Your progress in your faction on how you handle things icly, how well of a reputation you and your members have oocly(staying out of trouble), and the impact you have in the server will determine how fast or even if you get a shot of being a tier 1 faction. Just because I run a faction, I am in FM and the head of illegal, It won't mean my faction will automatically be a faction with tier 3 perks. If you work hard, show your dedication, you will be rewarded.
im a shepherd bitch and all my sheep dead
Florida

Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:13 pm

Xgin wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:21 pm
Florida wrote:

There really is no check list. If your faction stands out in being unique, bringing quality roleplay and represent Rage RP in how our standards are. Of course, it will be difficult in getting these. We aren't going to go through each faction and be like,

"Alright, Florida's faction has more than 10 members, active, 40 pages of well edited screenshots. Let's give him a tier."

It goes more in depth like that but I see your point on how this looks like RPGish. We promise you it won't be like that. If you get a tier, your faction is basically the dolphin in the school of tuna. You're being trusted in representing Rage. As for the ooc friends, we will make sure there is no favoritism at all. Just because you have staff, or have people that are FM in a faction, it will have zero affect on getting tiers. Your progress in your faction on how you handle things icly, how well of a reputation you and your members have oocly(staying out of trouble), and the impact you have in the server will determine how fast or even if you get a shot of being a tier 1 faction. Just because I run a faction, I am in FM and the head of illegal, It won't mean my faction will automatically be a faction with tier 3 perks. If you work hard, show your dedication, you will be rewarded.

I think it's a great idea, too many servers are scared to try new things and just re-brand the same formulas. This is the perfect time to try new ideas like this, just doing my part by bringing up possible issues.
Curly The Infamous

Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:09 am

For it.
Ace

Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:38 pm

Florida wrote:

Yeah, I agree with that. It's pretty obvious when factions are like that though. If they bring nothing to the table they shouldn't get to sit down. Not specifying "requirements" is the best way to combat that and it should be done on merit alone.

Return to “Factions Forum”