Government Suggestion

A forum where you can suggest the changes or additions that you'd like to see in our community.
Forum rules
How to submit a suggestion?
  • Before writing up a suggestions, make sure that there aren't any threads active already with a similar suggestion. Please use the search function beforehand.
  • Follow the format found below and use an appropriate title when making a suggestion. This will help us filter the suggestions.

Code: Select all

Topic title: (Type of suggestion) NAME

[b]Type of suggestion: [/b][Server/UCP/Forum/Other]
[b]Detailed Description:[/b] Delete me
[b]What is required for the suggestion to be implemented:[/b] Delete me
Villasenor

Government Suggestion

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:35 pm

The suggestion was created on Google Documents, under the following link.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14ba ... sp=sharing

Why should this be implemented?
  • It allows for more opportunities for people to lead a department or become a politician.
  • It also gives more transparency to all players with the checks-and-balances system.
  • It can also give more transparency with law enforcement, with agencies being able to be investigated by other agencies, the district attorney's office, or even the Department of Justice (Attorney General).
FakeTrump

Re: Government Suggestion

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:54 pm

But the main question is - will the people in the government actually have a reason to play and log on? So far it looks to me like it will just be for show with no real function.
Villasenor

Re: Government Suggestion

Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:50 pm

It varies on the way you make it. Yes, they can have purpose.

The slowest agency I see being is the Board of Pilot Commissioners. They manage flight regulations and flight licenses. I don't see there being a lot of flights, maybe a few people at all times. Which this requires inspections to ensure regulations are being followed. This also ties with the Los Santos International Airport managed by the City of Los Santos.

The second slowest I see being is the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control, they manage the regulations, manage alcohol commercial licenses, and enforce these regulations. Let's say there is 15 bars, 25 convenience stores that sell alcohol, and 3 businesses that manufacture alcoholic products. They would have to be inspected regularly, regulations must be ensured to have no loopholes and be realistic, and manage the renewals/income applications for these licenses.

This all varies on how the staff and community wants it. You can give the agency enough duties to make them busy or limit them and make it a boring job. A huge factor is the amount of players, the more people the more demand, of course. It also varies on people's interest, you have to be willing to do a lot of paperwork for a lot of these jobs but in-return are improving your community and have a good secure income and benefits from the government.

Return to “Suggestions”