FakeTrump's suggestions.

A forum where you can suggest the changes or additions that you'd like to see in our community.
Forum rules
How to submit a suggestion?
  • Before writing up a suggestions, make sure that there aren't any threads active already with a similar suggestion. Please use the search function beforehand.
  • Follow the format found below and use an appropriate title when making a suggestion. This will help us filter the suggestions.

Code: Select all

Topic title: (Type of suggestion) NAME

[b]Type of suggestion: [/b][Server/UCP/Forum/Other]
[b]Detailed Description:[/b] Delete me
[b]What is required for the suggestion to be implemented:[/b] Delete me
FakeTrump

FakeTrump's suggestions.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:12 am

Hello,
I've made this thread with many of my suggestions on how to make the server a better place for hardcore RP, aiming to portray a realistic world for people to role play in, while weeding out the undesirables in the process. While reading these suggestions, keep in mind the fact that people are responsible for their own actions. It's time to put an end to leniency towards stupid actions with the current systems that are in place.

Suggestion I - CK/PK system
My first suggestion would be to completely revamp the PK/CK system. It would would attempt to dissuade people from reckless actions, due to their knowledge of the current punishment system, which is not severe enough. With this system people would think twice before attempting dangerous actions such as :
robberies,
murder,
reckless driving,
illegal organization warfare,
etc.

These things do not happen in real life anywhere near as often as they do in in SAMP/MTA/GTA;V, and we should attempt to replicate that. I know, I know... a lot of you are already thinking of how stupid this sounds - forbidding a kind of role play people enjoy, but hear me out for a second. Illegal characters/stupid people would still do those things regardless, because that's part of their role play and that's what they are into. But this would remove the excess pressure from the PD,because of people not caring as much for their actions as they should.
My suggestions are the following -

1. Have a PK counter system that starts at 0 and counts up to an x amount of deaths. Reaching the x amount of deaths results in a CK on the last PK , if all the previous PK's have been valid and reasoned well enough.
2. After dying, the player also has a choice of the death counting as a PK or a CK, he writes in the reason himself, and, if it was unjust, he also has the opinion to appeal the death.
3. Any of the CK activities in the previous system ( Dying in a shoot out with the PD, dying during a bank robbery, etc.) are not removed and are unaffected from this change.
4. Once the player's health drops to 0 and he ''dies'', if the player has chosen PK, he must wait for an ambulance to arrive, bring him to a hospital and treat him. If there is no medical personnel online, it all can be done with scripts without player interaction. During this ''limbo'' phase the player cannot move, but he can communicate( If the RP situation allows him to do so ) , use /do's and /me's.

In my opinion these suggestions would make people think twice about their actions - do they really NEED to rob that bank? Do they really want to kill that guy over a dent in their car door. Mobsters and Gangsters would still be able to do their own thing, but only the ones that know what they are doing will succeed and flourish, just like it is in real life, and just like it should be in the game.

I would also like to thank CPN for parts of this idea
Suggestion section II - Drugs
My second suggestion section would be regarding drugs - give them certain positive and negative game effects based on their real life effects. Additionally, some of these drugs have a certain chance of creating an addiction, which in turn would keep the illegal drug businesses going. Addictions can be fought with or without medical attention, i.e a player can roll the dice and try to fight the addiction by not taking the said drug for some time, but having a % chance of dying(either a CK or a PK).
Some of the drugs and their effects could be the following :

Cocaine , addiction chance - 2% - run energy depletes slower( with a stamina system in place), faster stamina regeneration, hallucinations, risk of player losing a HP point(0.01%).
Marijuana, addiction chance - 0% - Hallucinations,color tint applied to the player screen, funky music playing in the background, sound distortion. ( It's classified as a ''social/fun'' drug, and it has no gameplay benefit, however players should still role play accordingly)
Methamphetamine , addiction chance - 5% - higher damage output in melee (1%-5%), screen/sound distortion.
Heroin, addiction chance - 8% - higher damage output in melee (1% - 7% ), screen/sound distortion,slightly faster melee swings/punches, player takes slightly less damage from weapons( that includes firearms ) for the period of drug high. Once the drug wears off, the damage that was ''blocked'' is applied to the player. If he player dies from this damage that was re-applied, it counts as a PK.

I know that this might seem way too video-gamey or RPG-ish for some of you, but I assure you, the benefits far outweigh the negatives.Players will have a reason to return to the drug dealers in case of addiction, as well as players will have a reason to use the drugs for in-game benefit, not just for role-play. This idea, of course, can be toyed with, and I'd like to hear some other suggestions regarding drugs.
Suggestion section III - Factions
My third suggestion section is regarding illegal factions and their workings.As the first rule of thumb we should try to remove admin involvement in RP situations between factions to a minimum - that means no admin approval is necessary to start a war between two factions. However, war can only be started when the defending faction has an equal/larger amount of players online at the time of attack than the attacking faction, to eliminate any 1-by-1 attacks.

Player-ran factions can manufacture or import their own weapons/drugs, given that it's role played properly, the knowledge of players' characters is well reasoned and the equipment, in case of production, to create these illegal items is sourced by in-game means.

At the start of the server, before any faction has the means to manufacture guns/drugs themselves, a staff-ran faction will be in place to provide the players with access to these illegal substances and weapons. These staff-ran factions will contact , in their opinion, the factions with highest standards of role play and contact them IC.Once a faction(s) can produce drugs/firearms, the staff-ran faction will be disbanded and the illegal ecosystem will be left to be player maintained.

Another one of my suggestions would be to have no ''tier'' system in place, instead leave it all up to the players to become the best, removing the unrealistic boundaries of ''tiers'' that restrain them.
Suggestion section IV - Miscellaneous suggestions.
1.If a faction posts information in their thread pictures, names, events, etc. with the idea that it has been written in some news article, or that this information is available publicly otherwise., the information should also be available to the PD In-Character,unless it's explicitly stated that this information is purely for OOC use/character development.
Example: A player posts "Bob's Boys" faction thread on the forum with a picture of their leader - Bob, and his associates taken from a newspaper. There's information in the thread that Bob has previously been on the PD's radar for drug offenses and he has served jail time in the US.
In this case, the PD would have a criminal record on Bob, they would know what he looks like, and this information would be available to the public. His criminal organization would already be known among the Police and all this information could be used in an investigation.

2.Have no rob limit in place - if a player carries 100k in middle of the hood, it's his problem if he gets robbed. There should be no magical protection that forbids people from taking whatever the victim is carrying.

3. Have a /hotwire /rob, etc. command that lets people type in their /me's or /do's in a seperate window, that command request along with the /me's and /do's gets sent to the staff for a review, if this command is accepted, the vehicle is hotwired, the house is unlocked, etc.

4. Have vehicle part wear and tear, so people have a reason to visit a mechanic for a maintenance. Also, any kind of damage to the vehicle should only be repaired with proper role play (no pay n' sprays)

That's all for now! I will most likely update this thread as I come up with more ideas. I know this all would take a tremendous amount of work, but perhaps you got better/easier-to-implement ideas and this was worth the read regardless, thank you.

Return to “Suggestions”